Symbian Toys - NEWS
Wellcome on my personal website!
I'm Marco Bellino a Freelance Symbian Developer from Turin, Italy.
I've been electedForum Nokia Champions 2008and I'm anAccredited Symbian Developer
In this website you can find some hobbyist software I developed during these years.
Everyday, I receive a lot of emails, unfortunately due to my limited spare time I can't reply to all of you.
You can find answers to most of your questions looking at the website, and reading the FAQ section.
14 Febbraio - IconHider is a little utility to hide icons from the menù of your Symbian smartphone. Nothing more, nothing less. :)
It is also possible to hide IconHider's icon itself.
In that case, in order to access again to IconHider you'll need to dial a personal code and IconHider will immediately appear on the screen.
The TRIAL version is free of charge, but it can hide only 1 icon and you'll not be able to change the default personal code *0000*
The FULL version can hide up to 20 icons and you'll be able to set you own personal code as you wish.
Take a look at the IconHider page to download immediately the TRIAL version for your Smartphone!
All the 3rd FP1, 3rd FP2, 5th, S^1, S^3, Anna, Belle devices are supported.
For any doubt, information, or anything else about IconHider, do not hesitate to write to the technical support: email@example.com
If you own one of these devices, then visit the new website www.Guardian-Mobile.com/
- Nokia: 3250, 5228, 5230, 5233, 5250, 5320, 5335, 5500, 5530, 5630, 5700, 5730, 5800, 6110, 6120, 6121, 6124, 6210, 6220, 6290, 6650, 6700, 6710, 6720, 6730, 6760, 6788, 6790, C5-00, C5-03, C6-00, C6-01, C7-00, E5-00, E50, E51, E52, E55, E60, E61, E61i, E62, E63, E65, E66, E7-00, E70, E71, E71x, E72, E73, E75, E90, N71, N73, N75, N76, N77, N78, N79, N8-00, N80, N81, N81 8Gb, N82, N85, N86 8MP, N91, N91 8Gb, N92, N93, N93i, N95, N95 8Gb, N96, N97, N97mini, X5-00, X5-01, X6-00
- LG: KS10, KT610, KT615, KT770
- Sony Ericsson: Satio, Vivaz, Vivaz Pro
- Samsung: SGH-i400, SGH-i450, SGH-i520, SGH-i550, SGH-i560, SGH-L870, i7110, i8510 INNOV8, i8910 Omnia HD
3 December 07 - The subscriptions to the Guardian 3rd Edition - Beta Testing program are finished, many thanks to all for your great partecipation!
During December 1000 testers will be selected from all the received subscriptions and they will receive the first Beta versions.
If all will proceed without any particular problems the final version will be publicly available on January 2008 on a new site reserved to the software.
During December month, there will be two website updates every week.
Visit This Page on Thursday and on Sunday to keep yourself constantly informed about the software development progress and to know the interesting features that will be included in Guardian 3rd Edition.
Next update is scheduled for Sunday 30 December.
16 September 07 - New Version. Here follows a partial change-log:
- New: The plugin's syntax is now case-insensitive
- New: Integrated a cleaner to remove previous versions.
- New: Confirm Message after writing Donation Code.
- Improved: Hiding/Viewing icon.
- Improved: General code improvements.
- Fixed: Shutdown and Restart on N70 (Misc Plugin)
- Fixed: Sometimes the sms sent from Guardian were empty (Forward Plugin)
- Fixed: Crash managing some particular sms (Forward Plugin)
- Fixed: Showing Guardian icon after remote disabling (Config Plugin)
- Updated: Replaced "Request Code" with IMEI code
- Updated: Changed all the UIDs to avoid conflicts with a very old beta version.
Support project development HERE!
23 July 07 - You'll be happy to know that I've just started the 3rd Edition version development.
Please, do NOT email me about, I will not have time to reply you.
All furthers details will be announced as soon as possibile.
Who wants to participate to internal Beta-Testing, can apply using the form available Here.
Only submissions containing real user data will be taken into consideration.
18 July 07 - SISXplorer 1.1 Released
Special Greetings to P@sco for providing all the Graphics.
If you want to suggest new features or request some improvement, you can ask it using This page, NOT via e-mail.
Here follows a partial Change-Log:
- New: Option Menu' to Enable/Disable some Panels
- New: TXT Viewer
- New: RSC Viewer (beta)
- New: MIF/SVG Viewer (beta)
- New: E32Image Viewer
- New: Tooltip to show decimal value
- New: MBM Viewer can now handle 12bpp images
- Improved: Selection on MBM Viewer
- Improved: Automatic Showing/Hiding Tabs
- Improved: Handling of unknown-format mbm images
- Improved: HEX Viewer colours removed to improve performance
- Improved: More Details when Opening a not-recognized sisx
- Fixed: Various bug fixes
- Fixed: Freeze when resizing form
- Fixed: Extract Selected... Option not working
- Fixed: Creation Date/Time
- Fixed: UID2 and UID3 fields reversed
- Fixed: HEX Viewer sometimes hangs
- Fixed: Opening a Read-Only file throws an Exception "not a 3rd edition file"
- Updated: TextBox cursor
17 March 07 - SISXplorer 1.0 has been Released.
SISXplorer integrates Explorer like features for sis archives (3rd Edition) with the powerfull of a Theme Viewer (Temi 3rd Edition).
Using SISXplorer you can:
- Extract all the images from 3rd Edition Themes
- Check that the 3rd Edition Programs will not install suspicious or dangerous files.
- Deeply Inspect the content of each file using the Integrated Hexadecimal Viewer.
And Much More...
At this time, the software is able to manage 3rd Edition sis only.
If the project will be sustained from users, I'll continue the development adding new cool features and adding the capability to manage 2nd Edition sis also.
4 December 06 - Little Software Update.
In the 2.0 version, the internal uninstall procedure, sometimes, wasn't working propely, I suggest to anyone to update their Guardian to 2.1 version.
Now Guardian is available also in Spanish, Turkish, Russian, Dutch, Czech, Chinese, Arabic and Ukrainian!
1 December 06 - Guardian 2.0 has been released.
Guardian is the new antitheft system for your Symbian Series 60 device.
- Recover your sms and your Phonebook's contacts from your stolen mobile.
- Gain informations about the thief, monitoring his activities like sent and received sms, incoming and outgoing calls, phonebooks contacts added.
- Track the movements of your mobile, using the gsm cell-id localization.
- Protect your Privacy deleting contents from your stolen mobile (sms, contacts, images, videos, audios)
- Lock your Phone or your SIM to avoid anyone using it.
- Guardian is all this and much more... Discover the others Guardian's Features!
Guardian is the exaple that is not needed to be a big Business Company to develop a great software.
I did all this, on my home-desktop pc, during my spare time!
24 October 06 - UnlockMe! has been Released, a new software totally Freeware. UnlockMe! is a software that will allow you to recover the "Unlock Code" actually configured in your mobile phone.
8 August 06 - From now on, is available the MoneyBookers service for making donations. People who lives in Countries not supported from PayPal service (eg. Russia), can now use MoneyBookers!
16 March 06 - A new Guardian version is available for download, here's a partial changelog:
- Now translated in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Turkish, Dutch, Serbian, Russian, Hebrew, Greek, Portuguese, Khmer, Chinese, BrazilianPortuguese, Czech, Tagalog, Croatian, Farsi, Malay, Bulgarian
- Fixed German Language Crash
- Fixed Password with Unicode characters
- Correct Display of "Sim Changed" Message with Unicode characters
- Now fully compatibile with 6600 / 6260 phones
- Better Exception Handling during retrieving IMSI, IMEI, SCA
- Improved autostart speed
- Others Minor Fixes
After updating, you'll have to insert again the "Donation Code" you already have.
Now I'm adding new features to Guardian and developing a new plugin: FORWARD. This plugin will allow to retrieve the last sent/received sms, last made/received phone numbers calls and retrieve numbers from the phonebook.
22 February 06 - FlashSMS is finally available for download, the site will be updated soon to give a complete description of software. The users who will contribute to the growth of the project with a donation will be able to select the number from the PhoneBook and send the sms to Multiple Recipient.
Guardian for Series 60
1 February 06 - Guardian: the final antitheft system for Symbian Series 60 Phones (n90, n70, 6680, 6630, 6600...) is available for download.
1 February 06 - www.symbian-toys.com is online, from this site you can download the softwares I've developed. All the softwares are donationware and if i'll get enought support from the users they will have a long future.